Friday, January 15, 2016

Calgary Modern Quilt Guild on 52 Quilters!


The Calgary Modern Quilt Guild will be featured on 52Quilters for our January Meeting! 


52 Quilters is a social media experiment started by Chris Webb.  Each week, he hands the reins of his social media account over to a new quilter.  I applied to be one of the 52, emphasizing my association as President of the Calgary Modern Quilt Guild.  Chris seemed interested in seeing our perspective, so here we are!  I will be in control of the 52 Quilters 
blog, Instagram and Twitter from January 18 - 24, 2016.


How can you participate?


If you're a member, show up with either your regular Show and Tell to feature, or your favorite modern quilt/quilty thing.  I will post our meeting "business" during the meeting on Thursday, January 21st, then on Friday, January 22nd, I will post the Show and Tell items throughout the day so I don't clog up the Instagram feed.  

At the time of this posting, @52Quilters on Instagram has over 3,700 followers! This is a great opportunity to feature your work and skills. When you bring your show and tell, let me know if you want to be featured and I will take your picture.  I ask that only the quilter be in the picture, so if you need help holding, make sure we can see your face.  If you're helping to hold, hide behind the quilt! 

When you're done presenting your quilt, sign up in the back with your Instagram handle, a brief description of your quilt, and your name.

Also, our next Sew Day is January 23rd.  Come and join us from 10:00am - 3:00pm and I will feature your work in progress on 52Quilters!

This is open to Calgary MQG Members only, so if you have not yet paid your 2016 dues, plan to bring that, or $5 if you want to drop-in for this meeting.  First meeting is free, and you can see our membership guidelines here